The Bread Pal Bread Slicer – The Original Foldable Slicer:: Posted on Tuesday, November 27th 2012.
The Bread Pal Bread Slicer – The Original Foldable Slicer
Category: Mandolines & Slicers
- Made 100% in the USA with hardwood and hardwood faced materials.
- Created in 1994, our original design will outlast imported foreign imitators.
- It’s spring loaded and foldable design is quick to set up with absolutely no assembly required.
- Slices 1/2″ and 3/8″ pieces; however, slicing in every other slot produces extra thick slices.
- Sanitary Polyeythylene cutting surface. Perfect slices every time!
You’ll only need to buy it once.
This is one NIFTY bread slicing guide!! I like the way it’s spring-loaded; so, it folds right up for easy storage. It’s very well made, too [in the USA]; and it’s wonderful, compared to the white plastic slicing guide that I had before. No more little slivers of plastic in my bread…YUK!
I noticed that a few reviewers claimed, “…it takes some getting used to”…poppycock! Flip-click, flip-click and you’re slicing bread. How hard is that??
The Bread Pal Slicer is constructed so well, that I believe my kids will inherit it, if they’re inclined to enjoy fresh bread, like I do.
I only have one warning:
The instructions are NOT kidding when they say to ‘terminate’ your ‘cut’ just before getting to the bottom of your ‘slice’. If you’ve got a nice sharp knife…and you don’t, it will score the little white cutting board.
Speaking of knives: You’ll need a LONG knife for this unit. 8 inches is way too short and 10 inches is barely long enough. So, as long as you’re…
Would buy again, but….
Bread slicer is convenient,easy to clean up and store. Slicing the bread as used can cause a real mess and uneven slices. This makes it easy for uniform slices and I slice the entire loaf all at once so no continual mess on the counter. The slicer can handle all shapes and sizes of loaves I fix, do need to get a longer knife. Wish the guides for slice thickness were slightly different (single too thin and double too thick), this is the only reason I did not give it a 5 star rating. I would buy again and recommend to a friend.
The build quality of this item is excellent and probably much better than the flimsy plastic ones people complain about. The folding design is very convenient for storage purposes and I must say, the overall look of this piece is fabulous. So why is this item not perfect? For 2 simple reasons:
1) There is absolutely no crumb catching being done. No grooves, no channels, no slots, no nothing! Not terrible, but I am sure a little thought could have been put into this concept and still maintain the folding feature.
2) The piece of plastic you slide into the end to hold the bread in place is just a little too cheap. Does it work? Yes, but it flexes too easily and wasn’t perfectly straight when I received the unit.
Overall, a great piece and I highly recommend it despite the 2 minor downsides.The Bread Pal Bread Slicer - The Original Foldable Slicer. Bread Pal Bread Slicer. The Bread Pal Bread Slicer. bread pal slicer. the bread pal. The Bread Pal Bread Slicing G…. where are bread pals made.